Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Where is the light?

I'm having so many neurological problems along with my gastroparesis right now. I still have the tremor in my right hand along with body tremors which happen about three to four times a day now. I’m also having speech problems. I keep losing words right at the moment I try to say something. I look at something and I can't remember what it's called. I keep mispronouncing and misspelling words.

My handwriting has become horrible. I barely read what I've tried to write, and I'm having the worst time concentrating, trying to keep a thought in my head. Also, I'm finding that most food to tastes like garbage. I don't know if it's because my sense of smell is off or if it's because of the gastroparesis.

My mri was normal and my eeg was normal, so no seizures. I went back to my neurologist and he is sending me to a neurology movement disorder clinic, but they have a temporary freeze on new patient appointments.They will call me with an appointment as soon as they can. Meanwhile, I'm still having the migraines and the sleep apnea as well. I'm off work on disability until the end of June, but how am I supposed to get better when they can't figure out what this tremor stuff is.

Thank goodness for that dictating thing on my iPhone or I wouldn't be able to even write this!

3 comments:

migraineur said...

Hugs...that sounds like me on topamax...I was dumber than Barbie. I stayed failing a college level anatomy course, and then having panic attacks. I'm still fighting the occasional panic attack, now that my body had learned to have them.

My recent MRI came back normal, and the eeg with an anomaly, but not a seizure. Wished someone would explain the anomaly, since it might explain something.

I did get my new sleep study done Sunday night (yup, the poor guy was working over memorial day weekend)...no surprise to me, my pressure had been set way too low. My old script was for 7, but I'd turned it up (googled how to) because I'd was up gasping for air. I'd been on 11-12cm for years, but he said I needed 16 that night!

Migraineur said...

So, I'd spoken all that after a week back at work, with a 3 day weekend. I made it, barely until yesterday, when my boss sent me home early...I'm back out on short term disability...even my boss said that they should have put me on ltd, rather than force me back. I have random absence like seizures...I'm not home, and when I'll come back, I'm not quite sure. I see both the regular Neuro and my sleep study Neuro on Monday. They should get things sorted out, I hope.

Migraine Chick said...

I'm still off on disability with no end in sight. I'm trying to get into see a movement disorder doc. It would be impossible to work like this. Hope your neuro and sleep study neuoro have some good news for you!