Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Will it get any better?

I finally heard back from my new gastro doc. He said my blood work all came back negative, and he wants a few more tests done. I have a gastric emptying study scheduled for August, and he wants to do another endoscopy. The problem is that the first available appointment isn't until Sept 15th. So I have to wait two more months to try to get this resolved.

Because of this additional chronic illness, I've missed too much time at work and my employer has cancelled my FMLA, which means I can't take anymore time off work because of illness. They had to use my existing sick time to try to cover the extra days off, which wasn't enough, so I'm being written up for unexcused time. Also, I had been written up due to a performance issue (because of my health as well). I'm very close to losing my job.

4 comments:

migraineur said...

Legally I didn't think they could cancel FMLA...I know you can exhaust it, by using all 12 weeks, but it's a federal law, so they shouldn't be able to take it from you. You might call your state's wages and labor dept.

On the other stuff, I'm sorry to hear that. Big squishy hugs to help you get through it

Migraine Chick said...

Thank you for the hugs! I'm checking on the fmla thing cause there are so many things I don't understand right now!

migraineur said...

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/fmla.htm

Fairly plain English, and it's the government's web site, so that's about as reputable as it gets

migraineur said...

It's been awhile, are you hanging in there?