Monday, June 8, 2015

Another chapter

Last Thursday I had the ERCP procedure where the docs cleaned out some sludge from my bile duct and they made a small incision to help things flow better, but I had a bad pain reaction when I woke up. I ended up in the ER for several hours to manage the pain. They let me go home later that night.

Then Friday night, I had a bad fever, along with severe pain, chills, shaking, and nausea. Saturday morning, I was back in the ER and they admitted me to the hospital for a blood infection called Sepsis. I was in the hospital until Tuesday. They pumped me full of antibiotics and they did several more tests to try to find out where infection was coming from.

Now I'm back home with a big bottle of antibiotics. The docs are hoping that the pain will calm down when everything heals up. I'm still having a lot of the same symptoms with pain and nausea like I did before the procedure. My appetite is still off and I'm living on buttered noddles and toast.

Tomorrow, it will be two months since this whole thing started. I have no idea when I will be able to get my sleep study done, and I'm having major problems at work because I'm not meeting my goals. With the chronic daily migraine and severe sleep apnea, I'm already struggling with the exhaustion, loss of concentration, and memory problems. Now I have these other health problems on top of it.

3 comments:

migraineur said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're still having issues. Hopefully they will cease once you've healed a bit. have any of your docs gotten you ADA or FMLA paperwork? (if you're American)to help keep your job off your back...it helps some.

Glad you caught the sepsis early, it can be deadly if you don't get on top of it.

I'm hanging in, but boy I wished I had about two weeks off my job for good behavior...I could use the sleep

Migraine Chick said...

I've got fmla paperwork with my migraines, but not for this current problem. How are things going for you??

migraineur said...

I'm hanging in. Had a nasty one at work Wednesday, and had been fighting it all week. Finally caught my boss, I got to take today off to get the shots and sleep, and will work Saturday to make up the time. Thank God toradol and sleep KO most of my horrid ones