Tuesday, September 1, 2009

State Fair Chickens




Over the weekend, I had a great time at The Michigan State Fair, although I didn't have such a great time at the chicken display. It was the second day of the fair so the chickens weren't used to people hovering around them yet. Every time, I tried to take their photos, they went nuts squawking and jumping around. It was a real challenge to get some good shots!

The weather was fairly cool, but I still ended up leaving the fair with splitting head pain. Sometimes, I feel like my brain is a temperamental 3 year old kid who freaks out with too much stimulation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting these great pics (reminds me of our newly expanded neighbors chicken flock that roams). They cheered me up when I was at work with a migraine. Did I see tall buildings in the background of the first pic? Reminds me that NH is such a small state. C

Debor said...

Outstanding photos - even with a temperamental head! Sometimes I wonder if I chucked it all, bought a couple acres, raised some chickens and a few goats, grew a garden - if I would have fewer headaches. Just me and mother nature. No deadlines, no ten hour days at my desk...

Just me and the chickens. What do you think?

Migraine Chick said...

I would love to buy some acres and have some farm animals...maybe some goats and I could make some famous goat cheese!