Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Pain Distraction



Since I've been having so many problems reading lately, I've been focusing more on learning how to doodle, collage, and keep an art journal, etc and I came across this book called Wreck This Journal.

"This book was created for anyone who has ever had trouble starting/keeping or finishing a journal/sketchbook. By forcing ourselves to wreck it on purpose, the “journal as an object” loses it’s preciousness, and allows us the feeling of completion."

The great thing about this book is that it's a great pain distraction for me and I'm getting to take out some of migraine angst on it as well. You don't need any art experience to start wrecking it either.

Check out the Flickr Group How to Wreck a Journal to see what people are doing with this book.

I wish we had our own book called "Wreck This Migraine."

2 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe how much this idea appeals to me. Working in a library, I have had to suppress any violent impulses toward books and now they are bubbling to the surface. Pretty scary. P.S. Who better than Migraine Chick to write the book Wreck This Migraine.

Jasmine said...

Great idea! Don't know how many times I've gone to start journaling only to stop myself because I don't think what I'm about to doodle or write will be good enough. This motivates me to wreck it on purpose!

I love the flickr examples too :)