Friday, June 5, 2009

Zentangle

I totally find that making collages is a great pain distraction for me, but it's hard to work on them in some places like lunchtime at work etc, so I was so happy to find another crafty type distraction called Zentangle, where all you need is some pen and paper.

Zentangle is drawing elaborate patterns in a form of meditation. It's like doodling on purpose, and even if you can't draw, like me, you can make them. I never realized before that you can teach yourself to doodle, and the great thing is that I'm hoping to incorporate these designs into mixed media collages.

Here are some links about Zentangle.

Zen Doodle

Zendala How to Draw a Mandala

Zentangle

How to Start a Zentangle/YouTube Video

Crazy Art Girl's Musing-a newbie Zentangle

2 comments:

Sharoni said...

I'm in love with these Zentangles, I love the funky art w/shapes and doodles anyway, but these are so amazing. And they are a great distraction!

ConnieFoggles said...

I have got to give this a try! I love to doodle and have gotten away from it because of being online so much.