Friday, May 8, 2009

Botox

I decided to try the botox shots for my migraines. To me the experience was nothing like what you see on Dr. 90210. First off, the shots were quite painful to me, even with the fine needle. I think the neurologist gave me about 25 shots patterned around my forehead, temples, back of the head, back of the neck and shoulders.

Secondly, there was quite a lot of blood when he gave me the shots in the forehead.

Now everywhere he gave me the shots is inflamed and painful. My neck is super stiff and my shoulders ache like someone hit me with a baseball bat. I cannot tolerate my head even laying on my pillow, so I've been sleeping with my nose and chin wedged into my pillow.

I called the neurologist's office and they told me that someone people feel far worse before they start feeling better. I haven't noticed any change to my migraine pain. In fact, things are far worse with the migraine and all this extra pain and discomfort. I'm hoping and praying there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

Teejay said...

Hi hon,
Hang in there. I have been using the botox shots for about a year and a half and it will probably be about a week or two before the effects of the shots wear off, and the Botox itself kicks in. I go in for another round a week or two before the first "wears off" so that they will overlap that way. Do keep a journal so that you can record whether you have less migraines or less severe migraines between now and your next appointment.

Megan Oltman said...

Crossing my fingers for you Chickie! I hope it gets better soon!
- Megan

ConnieFoggles said...

That sounds so painful. I read that you're not getting much relief yet, but I hope you do soon.

PrincessSteph said...

hugs sweety. haven't been to visit in a while. too busy and too ill. sorry that they were so brutal.