Sunday, March 29, 2009

What Chance at True Relief?



As I was reading this article called Boiling Mad: Crabs Feel Pain, I was feeling pretty appalled from my vegetarian viewpoint that people even boil crabs in the first place (sorry carnivores). Then I came across this paragraph.

"Interestingly, scientist don't fully understand pain in humans. It is felt when electrical signals are sent from nerve endings to your brain, which in turn can release painkillers called endorphins and generate physical and emotional reactions. The details remain unclear, which is why so many people suffer chronic pain with no relief."

If scientists are just now figuring out that a crab doesn't like to be boiled alive, what chance does a migraine chick have at finding true relief??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too had a very difficult time reading this article about boiling live animals. I was also shocked by the line "scientists don't fully understand pain in humans". Your closing paragraph left me laughing out loud and thinking about alternatives to my 6 different types of meds for pain. Thanks so much for another wonderful post. Carolyn

Jeanette said...

That is so true....and even though it make me laugh out loud I hear you loud and clear. What the heck...scientists don't fully understand pain in humans... Makes me so mad I just want to scream...perhaps it is time for the "scientists" to start researching it then...instead of CRABS.

Penelope said...

I seriously laughed out loud...not bad for day EIGHT of my migraine.

I'm a vegetarian too. I can't walk by the tanks in the grocery stores with those poor creatures. It breaks my heart.

~Vintage Nina~ said...

Hi! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my paintings! I feel soooooo sorry for you! Bless your heart, and you are trying so hard for releif! My sister has MS and she is searching for releif too. My heart goes out to you!!!
HAPPY DAY!!!
~Nina