Friday, March 13, 2009

Haiku Migraine Tweets

I've been posting some of my migraine haiku on Twitter as I write them. It seems like the perfect forum for that type of poetry given the restraint of 140 characters. I've also noticed that I tend to write migraine haiku when I'm in a higher pain level and feeling quite emotional, which makes sense. Migraine haiku to me are not a serene contemplation. It's getting that feeling of frustration out in that moment.

Here are some of my newer Haiku:

Co-workers voices
Jackhammer unrelenting
My bone china skull

Dizzy thoughts circle
Like bats, birds and butterflies
My brain has no net

Each time the wind blows
Barometric pressure brain
Roller coaster rolls

My brain yearns to leave
Wrench itself free from my skull
And head to Vegas

Heavy thought like rocks
Weight down pockets in my brain
Will I sink or swim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me that you write very clever haiku's when your pain is at it's highest. They are phenomenal. As a fellow migraine person, I enjoy reading your haiku because I can relate to it. Plus, it's extremely good. Thanks so much, Carolyn