Monday, March 16, 2009

Binaural Beats for Pain Relief?

During my Tweety Travels, a online friend mention using Binaural beats for relaxing during a migraine.

According to Wikipedia, "Binaural beats are of interest to neurophysiologists investigating the sense of hearing. Second (and more controversially) binaural beats reportedly influence the brain in more subtle ways through the entrainment of brainwaves and can be used to produce relaxation and other health benefits such as pain relief."

I've found some websites with free binaural beat downloads.

Download FREE Binaural Beat MP3s for Sleep

The Meditation Podcast

Also, I found a good article on understanding binaural beats at Sound on Mind I'm not sure if Binaural Beats can help with pain relief for migraines, but I figure anything that can help you relax more can't hurt. Has anyone else tried them?

6 comments:

glasspineapple said...

The SleepPhones look like something I could use. I have never heard of binaural beats. When I can't sleep or am unhappy with pain I listen to old Fibber McGee and Molly radio shows.

Connie said...

I've never tried them but have heard of it. Can you tell us how they work for you please? I'm going through a rough time with migraines and eye pain. Going for an MRI again and am sick of it all.

A.White said...

Hi I know this is a bit old to comment on, but I did come across a FREE app through the Apple store for your iPod Touch or iPhone. It's called Binaural Beats. It has a migraine buster tone in it that for me REALLY works. Just thought I'd pass it along. Here's the iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/binaural-beats/id295143646?mt=8

Sheamus Warior said...

This stuff is down t earth, hats off buds out there.
brainwave music

Unknown said...

binaural beats sleep paralysis are a type of brainwave entrainment technology that influences the electrical processes of the human brain. The term “binaural beats” is used to define the changes that take place within an individual’s.

Alica John said...

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that.
Cancer Pain Management Frankfort