Friday, February 27, 2009

Tweet Support

I've been having the worst week with my migraines, and I was home sick again from work yesterday with a real head banger. I was farting around on the computer trying to distract myself from my pain when I logged onto Twitter. "Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

I've been playing with Twitter on and off, trying to get the hang of it, but I never realized until yesterday what a great support system it can be for Migraineurs.

There are other Migraineurs on there and you can talk to them in real time about what's going on with your migraines, like how you can be nauseous and hungry at the same time or learn of a great post about Headache on the Hill from Megan at Free My Brain From Migraine Pain.

So if you're on Twitter, can you please follow me at Migraine Chickie Twitter. Maybe we can build up a Twitter support group for Migraineurs.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

I will check this out...Thanks :)

PrincessSteph said...

i think that we should set up a support group. i'm going to set this up if I can. I think that there are a lot of us on there. I'll look into and see.

steph

Migraine Chick said...

That would be awesome Steph. Count me in!

Jeanette said...

Me too....just let me know. I am starting off the new week with brand new medication and the worst migraine in history yesterday so I need you guys to get me through this.

Connie said...

I just followed you on Twitter. I'm @ConnieFoggles. After a long time of being migraine-free I'm back to having them about 2 times a week now. All I can say is UGH!