Monday, February 2, 2009

More Migraine Nation Stuff

Here is some more stuff that's happened since I've last posted.

1) I was scammed by Wellsphere. If you haven't heard about this, check out this article by Dr. Val. How The Health Blogosphere Was Scammed. I did ask Wellsphere to remove my account and all my blog posts, and they accommodated me quickly. I've also added a Creative Commons badge to my blog.

2) I've learned we are having a shift bid at work. It used to be based on seniority, but now it's based mostly on performance. I have dropped way down the list(on the order to bid) because of my performance which is affected by my having chronic daily migraines. If I didn't have migraines, I know I would be way up on the list. So now it looks like I'm going to get a crummy shift, which is probably going to make my migraines worse. My employer doesn't care. They are all about the numbers right now.

3) I'm bummed because one of my good friends on Myspace has disappeared without a trace, and I'm worried about her.

4) Today in The Detroit News, there is an article about the state governor wanting to kill the state fair funding. State Fair in jeopardy. I love the state fair. It is one of my highlights of the summer, and I love it so much that I brave it even with migraines!

7 comments:

-Julie said...

No state fair?! Thats the worst news I've heard all day. Where else can you get deep friend oreos?! Nothing like deep fried cookies, sugar, screaming kids, and roller coaster for a migraineur!
I love the fair too!

Andy said...

Hey Chick,

2)Your work cannot do that legally. The ADA, Americans with Disabilities Act, specifically prohibits any preferences being withheld due to your disability. You need to go to your HR dept. and ask about ADA and getting accommodations for your migraines. There are also local and state offices that provide ADA information. You can find a lot of information online. Check out;

http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/fs-ada.html

http://www.ada.gov/

I had a similar situation at my previous employer (I am now on Long-term disability)and it is absolutely amazing how fast your supervisor will jump to support you, once the ADA is even mentioned.

Migraine Chick said...

Thank you for the ADA information. I'm going to check it out!

Myth said...

Hey thanks for the Wellsphere comment. I had not know about that. Good thing for people to know about.

Anonymous said...

When I die, and go to heaven, I'm gonna give you hell 10 times over, honey. You will not escape my wrath.

Sheri Grutz

Debor said...

Have you heard from your friend? That would worry me, too.

Migraine Chick said...

I finally heard though another friend that she is all right. I was so relieved.