Here are some recent developments in my migraine land.
1) When people ask me “How are you?” in passing, I get so tired of answering “fine” or “good” when that is the farthest thing from the truth. I’ve learned that if I just say, “How are you?” right back to them quickly, they don’t even notice that I haven’t answered them. I’ve been doing it all the time at work, and it works.
2) I’ve given up napping when I’m home sick from work with a migraine. My napping nightmares are far too stressful to even deal with anymore, so I would rather stay awake and just watch crap TV with one eye open.
3) I’ve been eating really well since the New Year, with lots of servings of fresh fruit and veggies, and I’ve been eliminating overly processed foods, too, and I don’t feel one smidge better.
4) I’ve learned that if I feel like screaming at work, because of my migraines, and I go out to my car at the end of the day and actually scream, it makes my head hurt far worse.
5) So far, due to my migraine fog and general loss of concentration, I have lost three pairs of gloves. I think I need to start buying them in bulk.