Monday, January 19, 2009

Operation Cheer Up

I really tried to beat The Winter Blues this weekend with some of the lovely suggestions in my comment box from my last post. I went to Barnes and Noble, and I picked up some new magazines. Then, I went to Whole Foods where I bought some summer time salads, like macaroni salad, coleslaw and potato salad. Next, I picked up an inexpensive bouquet of flowers to cheer up my house.

Also, I called a dear friend, who I haven't seen in a while, and I made a lunch date with her in the near future. Plus, I looked into taking Vitamin D supplements for my migraines, but I learned I was already taking it because of the calcium supplement I've been taking.

So overall, I think I was rather productive. I'm feeling a little better, but then this morning I woke up with a real head banger. Ugh, I thought, not another week of this! Why is there no escape! This is really like fighting a constant up hill battle!

6 comments:

beckiwithani said...

Good for you for taking care of yourself! One more piece of advice, if this is available to you in your community: find a low-cost indoor pool (e.g., at the Y or a community center), put on your cutest swimsuit (you know, the one that actually makes you feel GOOD about yourself, instead of one in the stack of "Why did I buy THAT? ... or maybe I'm just projecting my own experiences on you...), and swim several laps.

You'll feel like it's summer, and the exercise will be good for the headaches, long-term.

San Francisco Knitter said...

hi fellow migraine sufferer!
i just found you blog and can empathize 100 percent.
I am on topamax now which controls most of the migraines, but I do get some still, and the side effects of the topamax are not to be sneezed at either. migraines suck any which way.
hang in there.

virginia said...

vitamin D...this guy is a cardiologist, isn't promoting anything except good health, and i switched to an oil based capsule vit. D after reading and reading and reading:

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/search/label/vitamin%20D
below, migraine auras (i solved mine, almost):
http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/11.02/13-migraine.html

candidbeauty said...

hi migraine chick... i stumbled across your blog and immediately related to you through your posts. while migraines aren't my primary problem, i struggle with chronic pain and depression- and i respect anyone who is brave enough to talk about those issues. (i blog anonymously as well)

i've read some research on herbal suppliments for migraines, as well as antiflammatory foods and fatty acids. i would be happy to share (and i'm not selling a thing.) stop by my blog sometime, maybe we can help each other a bit:)

stay warm (i live in indiana, so i know winter this year has been C-C-C-o-l-d.

K. Tree said...

Weather swings send me to Migraine-Hell, too. Somehow my visit from Aunt Flo always comes right when Mother Nature decides to show her ass.

Good for you for taking care of yourself and trying some new things to help you feel better.

Adrian said...

Congratulations!! That's a terrific mention, and definitely deserved! Logo Design