Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Woes of a Migraine Bear

I was just reading about the lovely Nap products on Migraine Community, and I was totally agreeing that they are something a migraine chick cannot live without, when I decided to go to the Brookstone website to see if there were any new products.

I came across The Dream and Cuddle Bears. I've had a Dream Bear for a couple years and it has been my constant Migraine companion. I've still yet to come up with an original name for her. She is still just called "Migraine Bear." But the shocking thing was the contrast between my bear and the new ones. I've mangled this poor thing to death!!

Here is proof what a migraine chick can do to a poor teddy bear. I'm surprised she hasn't reported me for teddy bear cruelty.



5 comments:

Christy said...

Yours just looks older and wiser, and very kind. The new one looks eager but a little empty-headed.

desikitteh said...

yours looks loved. :o)

ps, could you check out my blog and tell me how you think it's developing? i wanna get something decent there before i start plugging it. i'm kinda "practicing to dead air" atm if that makes any sense, but could do with a crit on it.

Myth said...

Hey, thanks for the post! That cuddle bear is an awesome present idea for my bf... whose sleeping stuffed animal looks in worse shape that yours! Excessively snuggled I guess.

Kelly, FlywithHope said...

I have a stuffed panda who looks about as loved as your bear does! Nice to know I'm not alone in the needing a bear-comforter. :)

beckiwithani said...

Hi,

Thanks for a great site. I usually lurk, with the occasional comment, but wanted to let you know that I'm adding you to the blog roll on the new blog I've set up to chronicle my attempts to decrease migraine by making radical changes in my diet.

The migraine blogging community has offered a lot of support to me, usually without realizing it. I hope sharing my own experiences will help me give back a bit.

I myself have a Riverside Shakespeare (a book weighing at least 10 pounds, I'm sure) that has gotten me through many migraines. It weighs down the pillow I put on my head. Your bear looks much friendlier.