Sunday, November 2, 2008

Battle with the Squirrels


I've been trying hard to get some things done on my To-Do list, especially the items which seem to have been languishing forever. It seems like I can get everyday things done, like doing the dishes, feeding the cat, etc...but with my migraines, other tasks seem to take forever like doing battle with dust bunnies, etc...

My time was running out with getting some flower bulbs in the ground before the first hard frost. I had been meaning to buy bulbs and plant them for weeks, and finally I managed to get it done. I was so proud of myself!

Then the other morning, I noticed there were odd holes all over my little garden along with clumps of dirt. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on. The local squirrels had dug up my freakin bulbs and ate them. After all that agonising over my To-Do list, feeling guilty for not planting the bulbs sooner because of my migraines, and finally getting it done! I should have just left the bulbs on the side walk with a free dinner sign next to them.

First there was Migraine Squirrel Chuck causing chaos in my head and now this!

3 comments:

Megan Oltman said...

Those squirrels must be friends of Chuck's, no?

bgwh said...

It is very generous of you to give your time to feed my squirrel friends in such a labor intensive way.

Leslie said...

Just wanted to let you know I've given you the Kreativ Blogger Award:

http://gettingclosertomyself.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-received-kreativ-blogger-award.html