Monday, October 6, 2008

Worry Dolls??


I rented a really bad horror movie during the weekend. It was called "Dangerous Worry Dolls" and the plot sounded intriguing. It was a woman in prison movie with a twist. The lead character is a young women in trouble, who is trying to turn her life around, and she is a nervous wreck. During a visitation, her daughter gives her some Guatemalan Worry Dolls to comfort her.

"Children of Guatemala believe if you tell one worry to each doll when you go to bed at night, when you get up in the morning, your worries will be gone."

Well, the woman tells the dolls her worries(she has a lot of them from the warden to the guards to a girl gang tormenting her), puts them under her pillow, but they don't comfort her. One of them ends up crawling into her head through her ear and possesses her. Then the evil revenge mayhem begins!

The plot was a mess! The acting was bad! The continuity was abysmal! So why did I keep watching it. Because I could really identify with the main character. The worry doll was giving her a great deal of pain in her head, and it was starting to make me wonder whatever happened to my Guatemalan Worry Dolls. I used to have some really little ones glued to a barrette a while back and I have no idea where they are.

Are they in my head????

3 comments:

Eileen said...

I've never even heard of this movie!!! LOL Can you just imagine the little half inch dolls trying to kill you????

My husband and I were just talking about this last night....when was the last time you saw a really scary movie and what was it? I said the Blair Witch Project.....he said Audition...although I didn't peg that as horror.

Megan Oltman said...

Oooo you've got me scared now... I had one of those damn barrettes too! Someone should research whether Migraine statistics have gone up since the worry doll fad of - whenever that was - when were they selling them all over the place - oh God I'm getting so old...

Leslie said...

I had worry dolls, too. Barrette and all!