Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Migraine Mascot!



I think I may have found an even better migraine mascot doll besides Barbie and Dawn. She is called Blythe. Look at the size of her cranium. That has got to be a migraine brain for sure. Plus, her eyes are super expressive. The only bad thing is that she is expensive. On Ebay, she is going from $100.00 and up! So I will just have to make due with collecting pictures of her for now. Maybe I can find a cheap one at a flea market some day.

This picture is from dolli*fever on Flickr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blythe girl could be saying with those eyes "oh my freaking head hurts so much". Her eyes look kinda sad. And if you see someone with a migraine, although they might "look well" re, as she does, well put together, nicely dressed and all, there are some signs that underneath, she isn't feeling well. She is the pefect migraine mascot. $100, that's way too expensive. Are these vintage dolls?

Sue said...

I was going to say exactly what anon said above. There's something about her eyes....it just says that there's more going on than you might think.

Migraine Chick said...

from wikipedia "Blythe (pronounced [blaɪθ]) is a doll created in 1972 by designer Allison Katzman with the now-defunct U.S. toy company Kenner. Reportedly, she was modelled after drawings by Margaret Keane, similarly to many other dolls of the '60s and '70s. Her most distinctive and notable feature were eyes that changed color with the pull of a string attached to the back of her head. Due to a lack of interest, Blythe dolls were only sold for one year in the U.S. (produced in Hong Kong), during 1972."

I think that is why she is so expensive!

PrincessSteph said...

ohhhh she's good. I love her. I am thinking that I might need a migraine mascot. Would you be ok with that??? let me know. I am thinking that Barbie ice queen might be the one. Let me know if you have a problem with my plagerizing the idea.....

luv,
Princess