Saturday, October 18, 2008

Migraine Haiku-The Book



I finally put together my migraine haiku book. It is a collection of 100 haiku all written during a migraine about having migraine. It is the biggest writing project I have tackled since this disease has taken over my life, and I’m proud of myself for completing it.

These are bad/pseudo haiku, only following the 5/7/5 syllable rule. The rest of the haiku rules were thrown out the window because to me that is what migraines have done to my life.

I really wanted to capture what it’s like having migraines and how it impacts so many areas of your life, including the full range of emotions. I also took the photos for the front cover (above) and back cover (below).

So if you're interested, check out Migraine Chick CafePress.

2 comments:

deborah said...

I love the voodoo looking hand. boy can I relate to tht one. can't wait to check it all out

Megan Oltman said...

Migraine Chick I'm going to post about your book. Who knows, maybe you can sell a couple and fund some non-chocolate comfort goodies!