Friday, September 5, 2008

Non-Chocolate Treats

Sometimes, I don’t even want to deal with the stress of wondering whether chocolate is going to be a migraine trigger or not. I just want to eat something sweet and enjoy myself. During the years, I’ve discovered some non-chocolate treats that I want to eat even if I’m not avoiding chocolate, and I probably wouldn’t have discovered them if not for my migraines. Here is my list so far:

Goetze's Caramel Creams

Fralingers Salt-Water Taffy

Boyer Smoothie Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cups-like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup sans chocolate. Usually find them at retro candy type stores.

Penuche and Maple Pecan Fudge

Whoppers Reese's Peanut Butter

Zagnut-crunchy peanut butter and toasted coconut bar.

Pralines-my favorite ones are from Aunt Sally's in New Orleans.

Divinity-a fluffy, air like candy with a crisp outer layer.

Does anyone else have any other non-chocolate treats that I can add to my list??

5 comments:

rachel said...

root beer barrels and butterscotch candies. coffee and peanut butter parfait nips!! these all satisfy sweet and salty for me. :-)

Migraine Chick said...

Ohhh..i forget about the parfait nips. Those are yummy.

Emily said...

if you like peanut butter, and i think you do:

reese's pieces (no chocolate!)

and WHITE chocolate reese's cups.

white chocolate isn't chocolate. hooray!

Megan Oltman said...

Do you like ginger? Crystallized ginger is yummy and good for the tummy. If I'm home i like toasted English Muffins with lots of butter and ginger marmalade. Very comforting!

lzwitty said...

Jelly Belly jelly beans (I love their new ice-cream flavors!) and Sour Patch kids!

Thanks for adding my blog to your favorites!

Leslie