Monday, September 15, 2008

Making Paper Collages

For a while I’ve been pursuing finding a craft that I can actually handle on a regular basis. Crocheting went horribly wrong. Making stuffed mouse cat toys was a huge failure. I couldn't even get into coloring.

Lately, I’ve been working on more paper collages, which I guess could be called paper crafts. I’ve been making them from magazines, using scissors and a glue stick, and it’s something I can actually handle.

I don’t know if it’s the cutting action, but I actually feel better doing them. It’s like a mild level of distraction and I don’t need a lot of focus. Most of them are migraine focused, so I can take out some of my frustration on them.

I've also discovered that people actually put their collages in things called art journals.

Here is a cool article about it. How to Collage in Your Art Journal.

And here is my favorite collage that I've made so far.

4 comments:

Christy said...

mmm...bliss
Too bad they're imaginary. But what if I just start labeling all my snacks "pain-free," will they act as a placebo?
As always, I enjoy your art and thanks for sharing it with us.

deborah said...

looks just yummy.. what a great idea.

Jaymi said...

Just add water! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Jasmine said...

Hahaha, I like this a lot :)