Thursday, September 18, 2008

"I feel like s**t!"

At work, I use my own notebooks for scribbling down stuff during client calls, like doing math, etc. My place of employment only supplies scrap paper and it’s a hassle to go looking for it, and I like having lines on my paper. It’s easier to focus for me. I stock up on a bunch of notebooks every time I go to the dollar store, so it doesn’t cost a lot.

Anyway, I occasionally vent in my notebooks as well, if I’m having a difficult call or a difficult day at work. The other morning, I came into work, barfed, and started my day, but not before I wrote “I feel like shit” in my notebook.

Well, my computer was having problems and I had to call over my supervisor to help me. He had to call the tech desk from my set, so he was sitting there on hold looking around at my desk

“I feel like shit?” he asked.

I stared at him for a second, not registering what he was saying until I looked down at my open notebook. I hadn’t closed it.

“Well, I do,” I said. “I just vent in there sometimes.”

He paused. I thought he might ask me further about feeling like shit or say something like “poor baby,” etc…like maybe we could connect on a personal level, but no such luck.

“Is there anything bad about me in there?” he asked, jokingly.

“No,” I said.

I did really consider writing something bad about him after he left my desk, but I didn't want to waste my time.

3 comments:

baldsue said...

I'm glad you're careful! My co-workers read what they shouldn't have and I feel like I'm in a pot of sh*t stew over very hot burners on the stove top.

deborah said...

what a sh*thead! nosy at that! you should've asked him if you wanted to elaborate.

Yes, My Name Is Really Brooklynn said...

Or you could have said "well, not yet." I work in an office and sometimes I want to just tell people "GO AWAY! I feel like poop!" but I can't. Do you keep the notebooks? They could be a very funny memoir one day :)