I’ve been working on a list of tips for myself to get through a bad pain day at work, which I've been especially needing this week. I already called in sick on Monday, and I want to get through the rest of the week without calling in again, but it's been rough.
Here is my list of tips so far:
1) Snack to Distract. I’ve noticed if I’m eating something, my head doesn’t hurt as much. I try to keep the calories down with low calorie snacks, and sometimes, I even just use ice chips, but if it keeps me going.
2) Keep a list of affirmations to read when my spirits are getting low and I think I might snap.
3) Partake in bribery. I tell myself that if I get through this day, I can stop for an iced caramel latte (decaf) on the way home or I tell myself that I can rent a new movie. I just need to promise myself a treat.
4) Use breaks to chill. I try to listen to soothing things on my I-pod during breaks and lunches, like self-hypnosis or guided imagery.
5) Celebrate tea. I drink lots of chamomile tea to keep myself calm.
Does anyone have any other tips that might help?