Friday, August 15, 2008

My First Chronic Illness Published Article!


My first "Tips" chronic illness type article was just published at But You Don't Look Sick. It's called Cut Down on Stress :Tips for Dealing with Phone Calls. Here is the first paragraph....

"Sometimes when you are in frequent chronic pain, you cannot avoid making those annoying phone calls to business or big corporations with large call centers, like insurance or credit card companies. After working in a call center environment for fourteen years and having daily chronic pain due to migraines, I have been on both sides of the phone."

7 comments:

Emily said...

great job! congrats. :)

loved your article -- and i totally needed to be reminded not to multi-task while i'm on the phone. i need all my attention to be on the task at hand!

deborah said...

Hey good for you and congrats. As a jumbled multitasker myself, I am forever reminding myself how often I really shouldn't do it. I never get anything done that way anyways.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your well written article. You keep going GF!

Connie said...

Congrats on your well-written article. You keep going GF!

MaxJerz said...

Hey, I thought of you when I saw this post:
http://www.sharpbrains.com/blog/2008/07/26/top-25-brain-and-mind-haikus-yours/

Be well,
MJ

Christy said...

Very useful. This is what they should teach in school, I'm serious, since everyone needs to make these calls but how many know how to navigate these situations effectively?

Megan Oltman said...

Very helpful! I'm going to link to your article on my blog. It sure helps to have some preparation to think straight!