Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Cancelled Plans!


Well, I was supposed to go to Cedar Point Amusement Park, which features over 60 rides including 17 roller coasters, today with some friends, but I had to bail because of the whole occipital neuralgia thing.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to handle any coasters or spin and puke rides with my migraines, but I thought it might be nice to hang out with my friends, eat some awesome french fries and frozen custard, ride some easy rides like the gondola(see above picture), play some carnival games, etc...but alas, I'm still feeling pretty rotten.

Instead, I've been camped out on my sofa, eating mini vanilla Oreo cookies and watching The Olympics, and trying not to have a pity party.

5 comments:

baldsue said...

For what it's worth, my head had a spasm when I read "Amusement Park" and "roller coasters". I had a hard time with amusement parks pre-headache. Always left with an amusement park with a headache.

Enjoy your mini Oreos!

Dr.Carley Clan said...

Hi Chicky,

This is liz over at migraine communty and we are both on wego!

I can't tell you how many times I have had to cancel! It almost seems like a way of life now!!!

So sorry! It really does suck! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Oreo ice cream is the best for one of these days.
take care
liz

Christy said...

I, also, spend my time at the amusement park sitting on a bench waiting for everyone else to finish their fun rides. Even a little-kid roller coaster I rode on once at Disneyland made me feel like my neck was going to snap and my head fly off.

deborah said...

HA! making plans, what exactly IS that? oh, and amusement parks??? that is what migraineurs are for! we should all do a post on that one.

K-treenz said...

I went to Cedar Point with my boyfriend last year and I spent the whole time just about on my own in the hotel room because I had been at the Amusement Park at Blackpool in England about a month before. after going on a few rides there, I started getting an aura of blind spots and eventually the headache started and the nausea. i didnt any medication with me and we had to take a 2 hour train ride back to Halifax. Thats one experience I would like to forget. No more amusement parks for me....