Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Migraine Expressions


I received my copy of Migraine Expressions, and it's a lovely book. The artwork is breathtaking and the poems and prose are compelling. I loved the forward by Teri Robert, migraine educator and advocate. This is definitely a book that I'm going to leave on the coffee table, not only for myself, but for my friends and family.

"If you live with migraines or there is someone in your life who does, you know migraine is an often debilitating disease that can have an overwhelming physical and emotional impact. This beautiful book of outstanding migraine poetry, prose, art and photography offers comfort to migraineurs and their loved ones while also promoting awareness and understanding of migraine and the need for further research, understanding, and treatments."

2 comments:

Myth said...

I just got my copy as well. I have not had a chance to read through everything but the pictures are stunning and some of the poetry is so intense. Love it. Then I read the essay I wrote and giggled; at the very least I make myself laugh.

danasaurus said...

This book is amazing. I relate to almost all the entries. And the artwork is very moving.