Friday, August 1, 2008

Bad Migraine Haiku-The Book??

Imagine my delight when I came across a book called Zombie Haiku: Good Poetry for Your Brains by Ryan Mecum at the bookstore. I snatched it up right away and it got me thinking about trying to write my own zombie haiku.

Here are my first attempts:

Zombies don't despair
They only wander around
bugs nesting in hair.

When zombies eat us
do our teeth shoot through their guts
like freshly chewed corn.

Even though I scream
He still tries to snack on me
Damn Dirty Zombie

The zombies rush in,
where the angels fear to tread,
turning souls undead

Another thing it got me thinking about was if could I come up with enough bad haiku for a collection of migraine haiku. I figure there around 250 in Zombie Haiku, and I've only written 23 bad migraine haikus so far. In addition, would anyone even want to buy such a book? Zombies are lot more universal than migraines. The ZH book has a plot, and my haikus are basically me whining about pain. With 227 left to write, I don't know if I'll even make it to collection status.

Here are a few more that I wrote this week:

Why does pain make you
feel so freaking insecure
more doubts upon doubts

Migraines are insane
they are like pain vampires
draining life from me

Pain jacked brain cells leap
with tumultuous loud cries
drowning out my thoughts.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

These are AWESOME!

I am totally with you on the haiku book idea - I think you would rock!

Lena said...

Gosh, you really like zombies!! Isn't it? The book is a great idea...

Emily said...

i totally think that migraines are more universal than zombies. after all, zombies aren't even REAL, but millions of people REALLY have migraines. ;)

i think you should go for it.

Migraine Chick said...

Thank you for all the encouragement. I'm thinking about actually trying to do this!