Friday, May 16, 2008

The Great Escape

Wow...I was just reading all the comments from my last post. It sounds like migraine peeps sustain a lot of pain from migraine related injuries. It's bad enough that your brain hurts in the first place, but then you get hurt because your brain hurts.

I'm almost back to full speed at work. Luckily, my boss gave me a project to work on while my hand is healing, so I don't have to do that much typing. Still it was hurting like the dickens and with my migraine going into overdrive with spring fever, I've been having another rough week.

I've noticed that when I'm overwhelmed with pain, I frequently find myself thinking like a thirteen year old girl. Most often, my inner goth girl makes an appearance and it's all doom and gloom and the world is ending type of thinking.

This week, I found myself wanting to be a cowgirl. I know it's not a reasonable thought for an adult, but I really wanted to stop being a migraine chick and start being a cowgirl. I know herding cattle may not be the animal rights thing to do and I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a vegan cowgirl, but a girl can dream right?

No comments: