Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Brain Eaters


I was home sick yesterday with gigantic migraine pain and I was definately feeling like I was one of the undead. I was hoping a horror movie on tv might cheer me up. With one eye open, I watched The Brain Eaters, a 1950's horror movie. Judging by the name of the movie, I was waiting for some actual brain eating, but alas there was none.

Basically, wet guinea pig looking things with antennas attacked people and they turned their victims into puppet zombies after sticking their antennas into the base of the victim's necks. When they detached, they left a poison that went into the victim's brains and killed them.

"All of the people who have died have bite marks on the back of their necks and it turns out these are the work of parasites.... These turn out to be millions of year old aliens who want to rule the world and have been living underground all this time."

It wasn't a very scary movie at all, but the poster is quite frightening. I think it might make a good migraine mascot. What do you think?

8 comments:

Christy said...

I think it's the best representation yet of how my head feels when I have a migraine. I started to feel like I was going to get a migraine from looking at it, though.

Diana Lee said...

That's a great visual. Very similar to what it feels like to have a migraine.

rain gem said...

Nicely shifted to the left...
Won't normals start hunting us down with sticks or something?

Megan Oltman said...

Perfect mascot but Rain's got a point. Maybe it needs to be our extra triple top secret mascot.

Disability Blogger said...

It might make a decent mascot...except for the vampire-like teeth. 50's-era sci fi and horror movies. They're hard to beat for campy entertainment. When I was a kid , we couldn't wait to watch our 15th viewing of "The Praying Mantis", "Day of the Triffids", or "The Thing" (a.k.a. the carrot monster).

antiquityhill said...

Great idea Migraine Chick!

Personally I'm just glad I'm not the only one who watches horror movies to keep my mind off a migraine!

Last night's feature was Horror Express... Alien takes over body, uses it to suck out all the memories of the victim's brain thru their eyes. Alien changes bodies, lives forever until...

rain gem said...

Well, migraine people are kinda like vampires. Lurking in the dark and all that. I was planning to do a whole write-up on that but I think I'll wait till the Halloween.

I like "Day of the Triffids", BTW. The book; never seen the movie...

andrea said...

Heh; great old B-movie poster. Often the posters were better than the flicks! My fave B-movie is Them!, the first of the giant radiated mutant animal movies (ants, in this case). BTW, the plural of antenna is antennae (-:

andrea