Thursday, March 20, 2008

Migraine Kitty Support!

Sometimes, I think my kitty is my biggest migraine supporter. He is always there when I need him the most. When I'm home sick from work, he is the one who hangs out with me all day in bed. Other days, he helps get me out of bed in the morning by play biting me or he attacks my feet under the covers. He's happy to see me after work, even when I look like shit after a tough day. I don't have to explain my pain to him. I think he just knows my ups and downs and loves me still the same.

Does anyone else have this experience with their pets?

6 comments:

Christy said...

I can't say that my cat is all that supportive. But when I'm lying in bed in the middle of the day, my dog will tiptoe into the bedroom, look at me with that worried basset hound expression, and then tiptoe back out. I appreciate his concern. And it's the only time he ever tries to walk quietly!

Anonymous said...

My cats the same - Whenever I get a bad headache I lay out her favorite blanket (well I guess it's the one cat) and she sits on me and kneads/licks the blanket while purring. Weird but cute. Got to love animals.

deborah said...

without a doubt! the dog knows when they're coming and will whine, bark and howl at me. (gee, thanks rocco) then he lays ON me, as if to keep me safe from it. he's beginning to out-weigh me. by the way, I LOVE big-eyed kitty

nipper said...

Oh yes, our bun is a geat, gentle "drill seargant" for the times when I need to move but can't. He's very forgiving, but he don't take no @*&%, you know? Hoppy Easter!

Migraine Chick said...

All your animals sound so sweet.

migraineur said...

My cats would be better if they had thumbs, so they can open the $@#$#%!!! Imitrex package for me. ;)