Monday, March 17, 2008

Insomnia

How do you deal with insomnia when your head is killing you? Sometimes, I drink camomile tea, stick a cooling patch on my forehead and pray for sleep. Other times, I just can't get to sleep cause my brain is bouncing around the inside of my head.

That's when I end up watching TV Land or I surf the web for sites like Flickr to look at pictures or I play what I call The Pain Game on sites like Image Chef, where I make migraine pictures. Other sites I like are fd's Flickr Toys and Dumpr.

Saturday night was one of those nights when I had the hardest time getting to sleep, so I made this LOL Migraine Chicken picture.

3 comments:

Megan Oltman said...

Poor chicken looks very sad! :-(
Hope you feel better!
- megan

Emily said...

i have a few things i do for sleep -- assuming that what you're talking about is the same thing i've got going on. i never had sleep problems before the headaches. the pain keeps me awake. so the first thing i try is a cold pack on my head, then i turn on a white noise cd, then i try a progressive relaxation and/or imagery. then if that doesn't work i take an OTC sleeping pill. then if THAT doesn't work i have a prescription sleeping pill that will nearly always do the trick. if you haven't already, i think you should talk to your doc about it -- esp. if you regularly are having these sleeping problems. i know i do. and it just exacerbates the migraines. i can totally sympathize, though, b/c the worse sleep i get, the worse the migraines are the next day. ((hugs))

nipper said...

Yeah, I usually end up doing the same thing. I put the TV on very quietly and put the blankie all over me. Then I just shut my eyes and hope for the best. Hope you're feeling better today! *hugs*