Friday, December 14, 2007

More Things I've Tried....

Since my post in June about what I've tried so far this year to help my migraines, I've been keeping a list of the new things. Again, I don't seem to be getting very far. Sometimes, I feel like I'm playing mad scientist and guinea pig with myself.

Ginger-a woman at work told me she read something in a newspaper about ginger helping migraines, so I looked it up online. I tried it in capsules and mixed in water (gag) The capsules settled my stomach, but my migraines were no better.

Gelstat I came across this surfing the web and it was really hard to find in a store, so I ended up ordering online. It's ginger and feverfew in a liquid and you hold it under your tongue for sixty seconds. To me, it tasted like ass, and I couldn't get the taste out my mouth for hours. Again, my migraines were no better.

Sinol /All Natural Nasal Spray "Capsaicin is the all natural active ingredient in Sinol and is a clinically proven analgesic or pain reliever."

I found a way to stick a hot pepper up my nose. (See my post Would you do this?) But since I bought it, I haven't had the balls to try it. It scares the shit out of me. I've been trying to get some of my guy friends to try it first, thinking I can watch their reaction, but none of them will volunteer, so officially I haven't tried it, but I might get a bug up my butt and do it before the end of the year.

Free Meditation Podcasts I came across The Meditation Society of Australia on I-Tunes and they offer podcast lessons on how to meditate. I've listen to four of them so far and they are helping me to relax.

6 comments:

MS said...

I use Sinol all the time and it has a very small bite to it similar to eating horseradish but it is actually very nice. I think it is because they use aloe in the product and it is very soothing. My headaches have basically vanished since using this product. I guess your headaches aren't bad enough like mine were, I would have tired anything. My Dr recommended this product and he has had very good success with his other patients.
Mary Simms

deborah said...

ok, it's time to create a new song together; ready

to the music of; The Things We Do for Love; we just change it to Migraine

Migraine Chick said...

I'm sorry MS, but my migraines are very bad. Just because I'm hesitant about trying a new product (because of the nature of it) doesn't mean I don't have bad migraines. I don't have a good doctor right now to recommend products for me, so I'm doing this on my own, and I'm trying to use humor in my blog to alleviate some of the desperation in my brain and my heart. Please don't judge other people's pain because you don't know how much that hurts their feelings.

Sherry said...

I thought that comment from MS was rather rude - didn't you? And just becasue it worked for him or her does not mean it will work for you. I tried it and it did nothing for me.

Anonymous said...

Wow, MS...If only I had a dollar for every time someone has told me to try a "product" or a "remedy" to cure my migraines. You are sitting in judgment of someone you've never met. How would you have any idea how bad Migraine Chick's pain is? I know another migraine sufferer who refuses to give herself shots because of a fear of needles. And believe me, she is in LOTS of pain and at times is desperate.

Hang in their Migraine Chick - I hope a better doctor is in your near future.

Anonymous said...

Sinol does work even if you are apprehensive to use it. I have used it for 6 months now and it was given to me by Dr Alan Rapoport who is a MD at the New England Center for Headache. The bite diminishes with use and the speed to relief is sensational. Go for it girl, it will make your day!!

Carla Laier