Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Unremarkable Me

Well, I got my tests results for my MRI yesterday in the mail. It was basically a one line letter from my doctor saying the MRI obtained was entirely normal, and she enclosed the test results for my records.

I didn't understand most of the technical results, but there was some stuff about me having an unremarkable head, which I felt was a little insulting. I mean they could have said I have nicely shaped orbits or something.

Part of me was relieved that they didn't find anything, and another part of me was depressed because I'm still in the same sinking migraine ship as before the test.

Also, I've tried the Midrin three times, and the only thing it did was make me dizzy. It didn't help my migraine at all.

Therefore, I think I'm going to go see this neurologist one more time and say "The Amerge was a nightmare. The Midrin only made me dizzy and my head is unremarkable. Now what?????"

8 comments:

Migraineur said...

Yes, I was kind of disappointed when my MRI came out normal. I was hoping it would provide an explanation.

Every time you say "Midrin," I think you're talking about an over-the-counter PMS med. Today I finally remembered that's Midol.

Finally, your head isn't unremarkable, it's huge - or so you tell us.

Be well, MC.

Diana said...

I'm sure your head is super remarkable! What do they know? ;)

You might consider asking your neuro about Migranalnasal spray. It tastes like ass, but can be helpful if triptans don't work for you.

How to Cope with Pain said...

yes... the perils of medical lingo.
sort of like when a medical student i was teaching was scared when a patient's uring culture showed "rare bacteria" ... until i pointed out that "rare" meant "not many" and not "unusual, scary bugs."

Connie said...

No way! Remarkable, definitely utterly remarkable! And my head is even more remarkable than yours chickie!

Here's to finding you some relief and quick.

Aaron said...

I'm in the same boat as you. You always wonder though if the radiologist put down the muffin that was shoved in his pie hole long enough to really look at the film.

I think I'm going to make a photography project out of my unremarkable MRI films.

Migraine Chick said...

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised they didn't notice how large my melon is!

Myth said...

I got a cat scan, to rule out brain tumors I suppose, or to ensure my brain is actually still there. I was disappointed they did not let me see the picture, as it is not every day you get to see your brain. 'This is your brain'... 'this is your brain on migraines'. Anyway, they said my brain looked smooth, as in like the brain of someone younger... and I thought well at least part of me looks young and fresh, but then realized it likely looks that way becuase nothing is actually being absorbed into it. :)

Anonymous said...

Compliments on your anatomy are not always the best thing. When I had bronchitis and had a chest x-ray I got a compliment. Now picture sitting on a hospital bed, sucking medicine through a vaporizer struggling to breathe when the Dr. asks if you have breast implants, because your breasts are so perfectly round and symmetrical on the x-ray...blah blah blah. He went on about my breasts for sometime without mentioning my lungs. I find it a lot funnier now then I did then.

When I got my first MRI at 16, they just told me they found nothing (not even a brain my brother's joked). At least it disproved my secret childhood fear of having a brain eating bug burrowing through my head.

;-)

Jungle