Thursday, October 11, 2007

More Proof I'm Going Nuts


I've still been having the worst week with my head, last night included. Even though I was exhausted, I met a girlfriend at a new Borders Books for coffee after work. I know I should have rescheduled, but I really wanted to see her.

I didn't stay too long. She wanted to get home to see Pushing Daisies, so we finished our coffees and we went for a quick browse around the store.

Normally, I would have dove into the new fiction table, but last night, my vision was so bad that I could hardly read the back covers of the books, and just the thought of reading about a perky heroine in the city finding her perfect life after some trials and tribulations, including some fashion crises, made me feel more naueous.

Then I found this book How to Survive a Horror Movie which I figured if I can learn how to survive a horror movie maybe I can learn to survive my migraines.

"How to Survive a Horror Movie teaches readers how to cope with every kind of horror movie obstacle, from ax-wielding psychopaths to haunted Japanese VHS tapes. Chapters include:

How to Survive a Night of Babysitting
How to Convince the Skeptical Local Sheriff
How to Perform an Exorcism
How to Tell If You've Been Dead Since the Beginning of the Movie
How to Vanquish a Murderous Doll "

Next, I found this stuffed monkey. I don't know I bought him. I just had to buy him.

So I was probably the only adult last night that left Borders with a horror movie book and a stuffed monkey. Do you see what my migraines are doing to me?

3 comments:

deborah said...

let me ask you this; do you find yourself standing in front of shelves, staring. at them. waiting for them to TELL you what exactly it is you are there for? Because that is what I did lastnight..

Funny, my word verification..sqint I can see if I "squint". see what MY migraines are doing! Face it, we're screwed. Join me for coffee?

Migraineur said...

Heck, I do that even when I don't have a migraine!

Diana said...

That horror movie book sounds funny. What a clever idea! And the monkey is adorable. He'll be nice to cuddle when you need some comfort from pain.