Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Darn Chickens

I went to The Michigan State Fair this weekend, and I tried to use my “summer day migraine management” skills. Everything went well, until half way through the fair when a migraine snuck up behind me and smacked me in the head. Therefore, I took a nice long break in the shade, ate some deep fried breaded raviolis and drank a whole bottle of water with a pain pill chaser and I soldiered on.

At the midway with the rides, they even had a couple old-fashioned sideshows like the world’s smallest woman, etc... I thought about setting up my own booth called “The girl with the giant melon.” See the head that most hats will not fit!

I tried to take some pictures of chickens for my migraine chick theme, but those darn chickens will not hold still. I swear a couple of them saw me with my camera and they turned around so their butts were facing me. I was trying to talk to a couple of them, you know photographer to model type stuff, but a couple of women looked at me as if I was truly nuts. Here are my best shots.


6 comments:

deborah said...

Chickens are moody!

Emily said...

i love that second picture. what a hilarious looking chicken!

Joanna said...

haha that last guy is TOTALLY giving some serious model attitude! Sorry about the migraine attack! That fried ravioli sounds SOO good - I'd need a few Lactaid pills for them, I'm sure ;-)

Anonymous said...

That last picture is EXACTLY how I felt yesterday with my migraine that woke me up with an ice pick to my right eye...I swear my eye felt like it was bleeding.

Yummy carnival food! Sorry for your migraine.

Jaymi

Connie said...

I love the second chicken! I have spiky hair and when I'm not feeling well I can give that kind of 'tude :)

Glad you had fun at the fair.

Migraineur said...

I think the second one should be your new user pic!

Er ... not that I'm saying you look anything like that chicken, mind. Just that the chicken has such a, well, migraine face.