Saturday, July 21, 2007

Vacation Success!

I just got back from my vacation in Mackinaw, Michigan, and I have to say it was a successful trip because for once I was able to manage my migraines during the summer. The weather was 77 degrees, and I wore my floppy hat with my sunglasses every day. I drank lots of water and I took frequent breaks. In the morning, I drank a V8 and I made sure I ate lots of protein like scrambled eggs.

On the island, I was able to do everything I wanted to do like take a carriage tour around the island, walk on the balcony at The Grand Hotel, visit a butterfly house, stop at all the souvenirs shops and even eat a small piece of chocolate fudge without my head exploding.

The serious migraine pain didn't start until the trip home, but I was so happy that I had so much fun on the island, that it didn't seem like that big of a deal.

I'm so thankful to all the migraine girls online who gave me such wonderful advice on how to handle migraines under the summer sun!

2 comments:

HtCwP said...

Good for you!!

Lisa Copen said...

Love, love you humor and blog!

I am the founder for National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week, held annually in Sept. This year it is Sept 10-16, 2007. Based on the content of your blog I thought you would be interested in knowing about the week, as well as our awareness video at http://www.invisibleillness.com .

You are welcome to share any of the information from the web site with your readers, including the video. This year’s theme is “Living with invisible illness is a roller coaster. Help a friend hold on!” There will be 3-4 chat seminars each day and there are items such as t-shirts, car decals, pins, etc. to help spread the word.

Thank you so much for your efforts in blogging about chronic conditions. Nearly 1 in 2 people in the USA have a chronic condition and 96% of it is invisible. We hope to bring people together to encourage one another, as well as increase the awareness that one may “look great” but not feel so wonderful.

Lastly, I’m giving away free copies of my book “Beyond Casseroles: 505 Ways to Encourage a Chronically Ill Friend” to bloggers or web site owners who would like to review it on their web site or give it away to a reader as a prize. Just email me back your postal address at lisa@invisibleillness.com if you’re interested. You can read more at http://www.beyondcasseroles.com .

Thanks so much for your blog, helping others understand illness and pain.

Lisa Copen
http://www.invisibleillness.com