Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bad Migraine Haiku

Besides trying to write my own migraine classifications, I’ve been trying to write Bad Migraine Haikus. I found a website called Bad Haiku. This is what the site had to say about them.

“I know that there are many rules to take into consideration when writing formal haiku, but the advantage of bad haiku is that you don't really have to follow any of them. On this site, most people do 17 syllable haiku structured in a 5 / 7 / 5 form.

So, basically, if (so ba si cally if)
you can speak in syllables (u can speak in syl la bles)
you can write haiku. (u can write hai ku)”

Here are my first two attempts:

My brain is pounding
Pinball bumping pain third ball
Migraines never tilt

Drama Queen on drugs,
for her migraines, not her soul.
Still in pain, she cries.

3 comments:

deborah said...

That is so awesome

Diana said...

For what it's worth, that's entertaining and amusing! Feel better.

Joanna said...

haha I love it. This past school year when I was helping 5th graders in language arts, I wrote my own poems right along with them so that they would feel better about new types of poetry - I was always so tempted to write angry poems about my headache pain, but they ended up being about funny things and the other teachers!