Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm Mad at Water!

I'm mad at Glaceau Vitamin Water right now. "Bottled water enhanced with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Glaceau helps people feel and function better through better hydration."

I was self-medicating myself at work with their Rescue Water, which included B vitamins, green tea and chamomile. Chamomile really helps me at work when I’m having a bad day. It relaxes me and calms me down with my migraine brain, but sometimes I don’t want hot tea nor do I want to do through the mess of trying to make iced tea at work.

I was so happy with Rescue Water until the other day when I bought one, and I realized about an hour later that I wasn’t feeling any better. I was looking perplexed at the bottle at my desk, wondering why, when I focused on the ingredients on the label. Where did the chamomile go?

Now the ingredients are green tea and EGCG. WTF? Don’t they know there are neurotic Migraine Chicks out there who are depending on their original Rescue Water?

So I went to their website and wrote them a nice long email about my dilemma and they have never written me back! I really don't think they are trying to make people feel better. I think they are trying to be trendy with the EGCG.

3 comments:

Migraineur said...

I hate that! You find a product that you love for some reason, then they totally futz it up or stop making it or something. It's even worse when something that was great has something bad added to it, like MSG or some other glutmate-containing substance.

It's not just food, either. My husband and I both have long, thick, dry, curly hair. Years ago, Redmond used to make a product under their Aussie brand called Slip. It was the absolute best hair conditioner for dry curly hair, and then it just disappeared from the shelves. ::sighs::

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that there are 50 calories per serving, but 2.5 servings in a bottle? That's another thing I don't like about Vitamin Water.

Emily said...

what a disappointment! maybe they'll listen to you and change your rescue water back! we can hope, right?