Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Migraine Bear

I'm home sick from work today with a huge migraine. I usually get a big one a week before Aunt Martha (aka my period) comes to visit. Of course, it's the day after a holiday so I'll look even worse tomorrow when I go back work.

I've been trying to cut back on the pain medication I've been taking, because I'm worried about what it might be doing to the rest of my body, and I've been worried about rebound headaches. It's not going very well.

So, I'm hugging my "Migraine Bear" in bed and trying to get through it.

This maybe a little immature, but I can’t live without my stuffed bear. I use him whenever I’m home sick with a migraine or when I can’t get to sleep at night. If he makes me feel better, why not? He’s also good for blocking the light when eye masks are too irritating to wear and a pillow is too heavy on my head.

At first, I was using another stuffed bear, which I had bought in Mackinaw Island. He was expensive, and I was crushing the crap out of his fur.

Then at Brookstone, I spotted The Nap Bear. He is a perfect fit.

I’ve been meaning to give him a better name than "migraine bear" though.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Not immature at all--I have 3 stuffed animals that my hubby has given me. 2 when we were dating, and 1 for this past Valentine's Day. I think the world would be a better place if everyone had a stuffed animal to cuddle ;)

deborah said...

Know what? I saw that there bear, and I wanted him for Christmas for that same reason, and the blankie, um blankET, in pink. Didn't get neither. hug that bear honey. You deserve him. Squish his guts right out. I think I'll get my hubby one for Father's Day, blankie too. no, he doesn't get migraines. but I will be able to cuddle........