Monday, May 7, 2007

Hobby Time?

I went to a hobby store this weekend with a friend, and I decided to see if I could find a new hobby that could co-exist with my migraines. I'm hopeless with any sort of sewing, needlework or crocheting. Plus, if there is counting or numbers involved, like Sudoku or counted cross stitch, my lack of concentration makes it almost impossible to complete.

Imagine my delight when I found Paper Fashions by the editors of KLUTZ at the hobby store. It's sort of like scrapbooking and paper dolls rolled into one.

"Plastic stencil shapes make it simple to trace perfectly proportioned pants, purses, skirts, scarves, sweaters, shoes and more. Cut each piece out of the array of double-sided, acid-free patterned papers and then mix and match them any way you like. Embellish your designs with sequins, ribbon and other decorative doodads. Finally, hang your outfits on the included tiny hangers."

Sure it's for girls, but the little outfits look super cute. And I'm thinking maybe I could make greeting card decorations with them.

Does anyone have any other hobby ideas for migraine chicks or chronic pain chicks?

2 comments:

Angel said...

Those sound cute! They would make nice cards.

I understand about the concentration thing, even though sewing crafts are my favorite.

Other crafts....soaps, candles, (mentally going through all my craft supplies)...scrapbooking, fabric painting/stamping, photography.

I also love to play with computer art, I only have PaintShop and Printmaster, but I would LOVE to get Photoshop someday. Besides doing online graphics, I make cards and calendars.

What about opening a Zazzle shop? I like doing the graphics and creating something--one day I might actually sell something LOL.

Migraine Chick said...

Thanks for the hobby ideas. I've been playing with photography a little bit, but I never thought about getting involved with something like Photoshop.